That is not a simple task!
I think there will maybe never be the ultimate solution, but we always have a choice, and we can choose between different materials, and different brands.
So today, on a peaceful, rainy sunday morning, I was surfing the internet for inspiration by googling "making your own sustainable outdoor gear" and somehow stumbled upon a brand I have known for over 20years.
Jack Wolfskin is a German brand, known for their outdoor apparel and equipment since 1981.
The four items I have owned/still own from the company are:
- a set of synthetic isolating, a long-sleeve shirt and longs (made of 100% polyester fabric by Polartec®)
- a T-shirt (still have it, after 20 years!)
- a 18L backpack, which sadly, had to go into the trash, since it had become completely unsable, after having replaced zippers, been washed, and taking care of, the bag had become unrepairable and unsable - I removed all the usable parts for re-use though, and still have the rain-cover)
All I have known about Jack Wolfskin throughout the last 20years, it that the company makes great quality apparel and equipment (I still remember a visit by a friend of mine who had gotten herself a new jacket - from Jack Wolfskin - and it looked amazing on her - the perfect combination of daily weather protection that also easily would keep you dry, and maybe even comfortable, through a mountain hike - I wanted that jacket, too, very badly - it was purple).
So, back to the article - here it is, by GearJunkie :
![]() |
| Screenshot from the article at GearJunkie. |
(Btw I am not sponsored or anything - just expressing my thoughts and reflections)


No comments:
Post a Comment