In addition to all my strength training, I'm again trying to improve my fitness, meaning, my endurance.
So I have started interval training, mainly running, either on the track or running up a hill (and walking down).
I really like running on a track, it's easy, measurable, predictable, effective, you can just turn on the music, start the clock and do your workout.
Last friday though, I wasn't so sure whether the track would be the best place to do my intervals on. It was sunny, the sky didn't show a single cloud. And that was something that hadn't happened too often the last months.
So... I decided to turn my running intervals into hill sprints/lactate threshold interval/steady state or whatever workout, packed a small bag with extra warm clothes, a few slices of polarbread, a bottle of sports drink, a beanie, gloves... got Lukas ready, got dressed, got my poles, and went off.
Up my favorite training mountain top in the neighborhood.
I call it training mountain top because this one is truely not suitable for enjoying the hike up to the top. The path through the dense wood is quite steep all the way up, the trees are mostly hiding the view and the sun, but all that, I don't mind.
I just go.
It's a workout.
The last 500m or so, after the one and only flat part on the way up, you can actually turn around and enjoy the first view. Then the trail leads through a dense part of rocks and trees and there it is - the top!
The reward for the dripping sweat, the skyhigh heartrate, the burn in your calves and thighs, the mental game of just going on and not thinking too much, just going up - the view!
Hattefjell moutain is a faboulous mountain for me to climb up onto.
Since I don't own a car, I can just walk from home, and it takes me a bit more than an hour to get to the top.
It's simple. It's doable. And if I am lucky, and went early enough in the fall or spring, I catch the last rays of sunshine, which I did last friday.
Was I lucky...





No comments:
Post a Comment