Tuesday, May 30, 2017

SUP paddle

So, I'm all excited about trying SUP padling.
The Aqua Marina Fusion is already bought and should be delivered to me some day this week, so today I went and got a paddle.

There are so many different SUP paddles available that I had a hard time deciding which one to buy. I knew I wanted one I could transport i several pieces in the Aqua Marina transport bag. And it should be lightweight, the right size... but should I go for an expensive dual-tech, 2-in-1 paddle? Or a telescope one?
What about material, aluminum or carbon?

So - I decided to just try the paddle favoritegymbuddy had lying around at his place. It turned out, he didn't even remembered where it came from - since the paddle for his canoe was there together with the canoe...

Anyway I took a little hike up the valley, inspected the paddle and found it ok to start with.
About 150cm in length, that is 10cm below my height, I think it will be fine to start with, even though it's a little short.

But I will get started!
And that's great.
I won't have to order some paddle and wait for it to come in the mail...
Oh I am happy with it!
I had to fool around when I went to get the paddle. Favoritegymbuddy wasn't at home and the thought of carrying the paddle 3km through the woods back home was just too funny. And I was so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment